I’m a life insurance underwriting expert located in Newtown, Pennsylvania.
Since 1998, I’ve been helping individual consumers, business owners and other life insurance agents, to secure life insurance nationwide for people in perfect health, those with less than perfect health, as well as finding coverage for people with risky occupations and/or hobbies.
Life Insurance Underwriting Expertise
I’ve learned a few things since 1998 that I feel set me apart from my competition in terms of knowledge, experience and expertise, including:
- Training – I’ve learned high risk life insurance underwriting from the company that created the high risk life insurance market. In this position, I learned how to work with home office underwriters, how to negotiate underwriting offers, and how to present a case to underwriting in order to achieve the best possible outcome.
- Health Conditions – I’ve taken the time to learn about countless health conditions from an underwriting standpoint. I know the questions to ask you about your health, I know the likely outcome of underwriting when we speak, and know how to present your best case to underwriters. I continually improve my knowledge of health conditions.
- Underwriting Knowledge – I have acquired reinsurance manuals used by insurance companies. I maintain the underwriting guidelines of each company I work with, and have countless case studies and underwriting offers that I use to negotiate the best rates possible for you.
- Continuing Education – I take continuing education courses on a regular basis, with much of that focus being in the areas of underwriting and business owner life insurance.
- Articles – I’ve been featured in a number of articles by industry publications over the years due to my experience.
- Website Content – I wrote every page and article on this website based on years of experience. I’ve also written articles for major news publications, including this recent article for the life insurance industry’s #1 magazine about life insurance for diabetics.
- Underwriting Connections – I work with many underwriters at home offices where I spent years developing professional relationships. It allows me to better negotiate offers.
Underwriting by Niche
Private pilots, Fixed Wing, Helicopter, Agricultural, Emergency Services, Experimental Aircraft, Acrobatic, and Aviation Exclusions.
Recreational Divers, Diving Instructors, Technical Divers, Commercial and Salvage Divers
Trail, Mountain, Rock Climbing, Ice Climbing, Elevations to 25,000 feet.
NASCAR Truck and Sprint Series Racers.
NBA basketball players to cover professional contracts.
High Net Worth
Life Insurance Involving Reinsurance Underwriting
Estate Planning Cases
Traditional estate planning, Premium Financed Life Insurance, Life Settlements.
Executives, buy-sell, deferred comp, key person coverage, SBA Loan Collateral.
My experience and expertise includes working as a life insurance distributor with direct access to underwriters, medical directors and decision makers at life insurance companies. I’ve helped hundreds of life insurance agents with their own cases over the years, served in a consultant/director position for one of the largest insurance technology companies in the world, and managed the Eastern U.S. for one of the largest life settlement companies in the world.
As an independent agent, my job is to match you up to the right life insurance companies based on your unique circumstances and needs. There are approximately 100 life insurance companies available in the U.S. We work with many companies to ensure that we have the best companies available for you.
I have personally written every single page and article on this website. The information I provide is based on my own experience and knowledge, access to underwriters, life insurance underwriting guides for these companies, impaired risk life insurance information from experience, insurance company publications, access to reinsurance materials from the top reinsurance companies in the world and more.
I have a proven track record and relentless approach to helping people find the life insurance they need, no matter what the situation is. There’s no pressure, or obligation with my service. I’ll share the information you need in order to make an informed decision about life insurance, and my goal is to earn your business.
Feel free to call me at 800-909-2040 or contact me through the site. Thank you for your time.
Michael J Horbal