Life insurance is available to most people who have heart conditions. If you have a heart problem and need life insurance, it’s important that you have exact details of your heart history so that we can help you find the best life insurers based on your specific health condition.
According to the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), about half of all Americans have at least one of the 3 major risk factors that cause heart disease.
Our goal is to help you find the best life insurers based on your specific heart history.
This guide for heart conditions and life insurance covers:
- Can I get life insurance if I have a heart problem?
- Types of heart conditions we insure
- Previously declined or rated for your heart condition?
- How does your heart condition affect life insurance rates?
Can I get life insurance if I have a heart problem?
Life insurance is available for your heart problems. Your most important role in this process is to have the details (we’ll help you get them) of your heart issue so that we can help you get your best life insurance rate.
Types of Heart Conditions We Insure
With life insurance, the type of heart conditions you have affect the type of life insurance available and price of your coverage.
We’ve written detailed articles about different kinds of heart issues to help you with your life insurance shopping. You’ll find more details here:
- How Does Your Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm Affect Life Insurance?
- Can I Get Life Insurance with an Abnormal EKG?
- Atrial Fibrillation – How to Get Approved for Life Insurance
- Can You Get Life Insurance if You Had a Heart Attack?
- Angioplasty – How Stents Affect Your Life Insurance Rate
- Life Insurance After Heart Bypass Surgery
- Can You Get Life Insurance if You Have High Blood Pressure?
- Life Insurance and Angina
- Does a Bundle Branch Block Affect Life Insurance?
- Life Insurance with a Heart Murmur
- How Does Coronary Artery Disease Affect Life Insurance?
- Life Insurance with Mitral Valve Prolapse
- Can I Get Life Insurance with a Pacemaker?
- Aortic Stenosis Life Insurance
Whatever your heart issue is, we’ll help you find affordable life insurance based on your specific condition.
If you don’t see your specific heart condition listed, please submit your request and we will be able to help you.
Our underwriting knowledge of cardiac conditions far exceeds the current content we have here.
Previously declined or rated for your heart condition?
We are independent agents that specialize in high risk life insurance, helping to find life insurance for people with heart problems.
If you were previously declined or rated for life insurance, you may think that all life insurers are the same and that you will get declined again. Not true!
Here’s the good news.
In most cases, the decline is due to applying to the wrong life insurance carrier from the beginning.
Not only are there companies that specialize in heart conditions, there are some companies that only specialize in very specific types of cardiac heart issues.
The same goes for ratings that are added to you price. Take as look at this article to learn more about life insurance table ratings.
With table ratings, it is sometimes possible to lower or eliminate your rating by moving to a different company.
Each condition we mentioned above has its own underwriting criteria and questions for you to answer.
How does your heart condition affect life insurance rates?
The type of heart issue you have will affect the pricing for life insurance underwriting.
With some heart issues, it may be possible to obtain “standard” or better life insurance rates depending on the factors related to your heart history.
Sometimes it may be necessary to send your information out to companies for a quick quote.
With a quick quote, we summarize your heart history and send it out to multiple insurers on an anonymous basis.
The insurers will respond to us with potential offers (subject to medical records review) and we’ll share that information with you.
We use the quick quotes to discuss potential offers with you and to let you know what to expect in terms of underwriting and price.
At that point, we can start the formal application process with you if interested.
Please take a few minutes to complete our quote request here.
We’ll provide you with a free, no pressure, no obligation comparison of life insurance carriers that specialize in your heart condition.